After Graduation in Australia

After Graduation in Australia - 4 Options for International Students

Students across the world migrate to Australia for obtaining a higher education at various levels. Australia is one of the most popular International Student Destination of the world with more than 600,000 international students in 2020. The provision to work for up to 40 hours every two weeks while your course is in session, and unrestricted hours during any scheduled course break along with post study work permits have been key reasons to attract international students. Students might face the dilemma of what to do after the completion of their education in Australia. The international students may have various goals from studying further in Australia to permanently migrate to Australia. For educational and migration related issues it is always the best practice to seek the advice a education consultant or an migration agent. If you are an international student who is about to complete his/her studies in here are few of the most popular options.

1. Stay Longer in Australia and Enhance your Skills

Most international students after completing their graduation exercise the post study work permit.

If you have recently graduated from an Australian institution, you can apply for this post-study work visa namely Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485). It allows you to live, work and study in Australia temporarily for a duration of 2 to 4 years on the basis of your qualification and lets you bring your immediate family members.

The key requirements to avail this particular visa are mentioned below —

  • The students must be under 50 years of age.
  • They must have a graduate degree in a course registered with CRICOS.
  • The students must be a current holder of a student visa or must have held a student visa within the past 6 months.
  • They must not be a previous holder of Subclass 476 or Subclass 485 visa.
  • Meeting the Australian study requirement is also mandatory.
  • The applicant must have any of the following degrees —
    • Bachelor degree
    • Bachelor (honours) degree
    • Masters by coursework degree
    • Masters (extended degree)
    • Masters by research degree
    • Doctoral Degree
  • The applicants must also meet the standard health and character requirements as specified.

Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485) allows international students to work in Australia and allows the opportunity to apply the skills they have gained from their education.

You can apply for a Tourist Visa that allows you to stay in the country for a period of three, six or a maximum of twelve months or other types of visa depending on your particular case

2. Complete Your Further Education in Australia

After completing graduation, many international students make a choice to continue with their further studies to acquire a higher degree. Of course, it is a subjective choice and students may choose professional progression instead of academic progression. Studying further in Australia will not only allow you to make the most of your time in Australia but also gain advanced academic skills and knowledge for specialized career progression. Australian institutes provide various higher degree programs in post graduate and doctoral courses, so there is never the shortage of options. If you decide to continue your studies in Australia, you have to make consideration to the following:

  • Apply for a newer Student visa before expiration of current student visa.
  • Make application and get accepted for the newer program
  • Provide evidence of funds to pay for living expenses and educational studies.
  • Extend your OSHC (Overseas Student Health Cover).

3. Apply for Permanent Residency in Australia

Once international students complete their studies in Australia, they may wish to obtain Permanent Residency so that they can grab work opportunities and permanently live in Australia along with other benefits that permanent residency provide. There are different requirements that need to be provided to make the application for permanent residency. In any case if you have plans to make a move to migrate to Australia, it is imperial to get advice from a trusted and certified migration agent.

4. Return Back to Your Home Country

This is one of the straightforward options and is part of the declaration that you have provided while making your student visa application. If you have no plans of working, travelling or living in Australia after completing your studies, and plans to exercise the lessons and knowledge learned in Australia, then you must return back to your home country. Always remember to clear your dues, pay the final bills, end your lease if you’ve rented a place and hand back the keys, and cancel all your services including mobile phone accounts, electricity and bank accounts. The Australian educational institutions that you enroll in may run seminars or provide key information sessions on returning home and adjusting to life outside of Australia.

We provide excellent counseling based on your requirement and provide you with full assistance in accordance to the required documentation, application and confirmation of your VISA. We have experts with updated knowledge of provisions of all VISA in Australia who continuously keep up with the changes happening in the Australian Immigration Law. Connect with our experienced staff today.

  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Digital Marketing by King Kong