Stop waiting. Start stuff.Oct 17, 2016
Are you thinking you can’t study in Australia just because you know nothing about the entire process? Stop waiting. Start stuff now. We help you along the way.
The secret to getting ahead is getting started. So, if you are still stuck in uncertainty, break the bewilderment and be a good beginner. Oli and associates hold your hand along the way.
It’s really easy to get started the process of studying in Australia and you’ll receive all the guidance and support you need along the way.
To study in Australia you must have a valid Australian visa. Student visas are temporary visas that allow people to come to Australia for a specified period of time to study at an approved Australian Educational Institution.
The Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) provides comprehensive information about the different categories of student visas and the process to apply for a visa. All visa applications are lodged and assessed by them.
How to apply
Generally, you will need the below to apply for your student visa:
- A valid passport, which will remain valid for the duration of your studies in Australia
- A Confirmation of Enrolment document, also known as an eCOE (electronic Confirmation of Enrolment). We will send you this after you have accepted your offer to study with us and paid the required fees
- Evidence of Overseas Student Health Cover
- Funds to pay the fees and charges for your visa to the Australian DIBP
- Medical checks or any other information that immigration request as part of your application.
You must ensure to allow enough time for processing between lodging your application and the start of your training program, as it can be a lengthy process depending on your country of origin.
Cost of a visa
Visa fees and charges must be paid when you lodge your application with the DIBP. These charges are non-refundable.
If you are granted a visa, you must abide by its conditions as failure to comply could result in the cancellation of your visa. You should ensure you are familiar with the visa conditions for student visa holders. Some key conditions are:
- Complete your course within the duration specified in the Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
- Maintain reasonable academic progress and attendance
- Maintain approved Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) while in Australia
- Be aware that once your student visa is issued, any change to your CoE start date, your completion date, change of course or change of institution will be reported to the DIBP, which could impact your student visa
- Comply with work restrictions while you are studying.
Once you’ve mastered starting, the rest is easy. Make a conscious decision of choosing Oli and Associates you will receive all the assistance you need to ensure your entry as a student in Australia.